Wednesday, May 21, 2008

my first night-- and last night

its been a while since i last wrote, and apologies. had lots and lots to do, lots of people to see, and lots, apparently, to drink.
but first a word from our sponsors:

thanks lauren!

okay so last night was my going away happy hour-turned full blowout. started at the war room (i highly recommend high 5 there on tuesdays. drinks are good, bartender is hot) and ended up at havana, i'm not sure why.

first, a word form another sponsor:
tecate. gets me in trouble.


so there was drinking, there was dancing, there was me awkwardly trying to make out with a roomdawg. at some point i ripped a hole in the sleeve of my new mermaid shirt and there is a pretty wicked scratch on my arm under where it must have happened. i have no idea.

i cried a few times, laughed a lot, and got some pretty great hugs. roni uploaded some of the most amazing photos to facebook.

now i'm in brooklyn. it took me most of the plane ride to sleep off the booze, but i was feeling fresh when i got here. my new roommate gretchen and her boyfriend jose came to pick me up so i wouldn't have to schlep all my luggage around.

the neighborhood here is cool- very multicultural. i found an asian and a mexican market across the street from each other, about four blocks from my house. i ate an eggplant calzone from vincent's down the street. i went into the market and bought eggs, beans, bread, yogurt and oatmeal. tomorrow i will look for fresh veggies and crunchy stuff like soy milk and tofu.

i have to go into manhattan tomorrow to be fingerprinted. i also have to take my wheel to the bike shop to get the rotor fixed because it got all messed up in transit. hopefully that works out- there's a bike shop right down the street!

right now i'm catching up on internet and thinking about something to eat again before bed. all i managed up until the calzone was a bagel i bought at the airport this morning.

big shout out to ruth for being on time, and thus waking me up after alarm failed. whew.

more on my adventures tomorrow, when i actually have them.
g'night brooklyn!

No comments: