Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bar BQ- a new favorite!

So my cheap experiment at Bar BQ was a big hit!

I convinced Gretchen, my roommate, and Jon, a friend from Texas to join me once I'd already scoped it out. Jon took a car all the way over here from Bed-Stuy just because he owed himself a $2 beer or five and some bbq. And the bar serves Lone Star, the national beer of Texas, and something I haven't seen in a very long time.

They bartender was very NY gay, which was funny in a BBQ joint, the shots were plentiful and the food smelled great. We had a great time filling Gretchen in on our funny TAMS stories and Jon showed off how fabulous his iPhone is.

Also met Jeff and Claire, a cute young couple who lived around the corner. Claire, as it would turn out, is from Seattle, Queen Anne to be exact. We mused about the Seattle/NY transition and they took me across the street to a coffee shop that was having a keg party to introduce me to some neighborhood folk.

All in all, the best night I've had here since I moved. It was a great time and I think I'll be back next Monday-- except maybe for less whisky. Oye.

No comments: