Monday, May 12, 2008

The Little Red Hen, and other things I should have done

Now that I'm gearing up to leave Seattle I keep experiencing all these things that I should have done more of while here.

Last night a group of us went to the Little Red Hen, a country bar close to where I live (maybe the only country bar in Seattle? I don't know.) The people in the bar were straight out of Texas and it was amazing. We danced with some Coast Guard boys, I did the western swing with a grandma, drank cheap beer, played pool. It was fantastic. It left me wondering why I chose to go now, so soon before leaving, and not sooner when I could have made it a tradition. I can't think of many better ways to spend a Sunday than I did last night!

There are other things that I realize I should have done more of-- but I'm working on it. I have a list that I carry in my back pocket so if for any reason I have unexpected free time, I have an idea of what I can do:

Memorize the view from Gasworks
Get a t-shirt from the Little Red Hen
Go to Pike Place Market and get a pumpkin cookie
Have a salmon sandwich

I took today off work because I have to get boxes and pack. Maybe I'll do something fun too.

No comments: