Saturday, May 3, 2008

Am I really going to be in graduate school?

A big part of the Fellows program, but one that I often forget about, is the graduate program. I've been trying to go back to school for a few years now-- thinking about public health, an MPA, urban planning, law school, but none of them ever really seemed to happen. Either I'd realize that I was trying to go to school just because I needed something to do, or the programs seemed to not be 100% what I wanted to do. Getting a master's degree in education is not something that I would have come to on my own if it were not in the NYCTF, but here I am-- I'm going back to school.

Suddenly I'm having the same dreams I used to have before my first day, from Kindergarten through college-- will I find my school? Will I remember my books? I love school, its true, and I'm a good student, but a big part of me wonders if I've forgotten how to do all of this?

Got my university assignment yesterday. Going to Brooklyn College, not too far from where I'm going to be living. Awesome.

2 comments:

mallory said...

You are going to Brooklyn College? I am beyond jealous.
Brooklyn is what I have my heart set on right now. I don't know why, but I itch with excitment at even the thought that I could go there sometime soon. That has to be a good sign, right?
Anyways, I hope you love it, and I would love to hear all about it when you get there.

bennett said...

if you make it to Brooklyn, of course look me up!