Sunday, April 20, 2008

I was accepted.. so now what?

I was accepted to the NYCTF on Friday, 4/18, after having waited four weeks after my interview. While four weeks seems small when compared to something like, oh the age of the earth or the Ming Dynasty, it was probably the most tense four weeks I have endured. Not only did I feel like everything was in limbo, but I had a whole list of things that I just couldn't do until I found out for sure.

Making things more complicated was my unexpected meeting of someone special, giving me something more to look forward to in the city. In my last week of waiting I feverishly applied to a few other jobs as an attempt to get to NYC no matter what. Getting my acceptance letter was a much needed relief.

Now I have a whole new set of waiting that I have to do-- 31 days and counting. In that time I have to:
1. Get rid of a bunch of stuff that I really don't need
2. Sell some things that I don't want to ship or won't use in NYC
3. Print out and mail a ton of things to the program
4. Ship stuff
5. Register to take tests
6. Hang out with a ton of people here
7. Pack
8. a million other things that I have yet to think of

All of this is totally possible, but a bit daunting. At this point, I really wish I could just snap my fingers and make it happen.

I put in my notice at work today, but none of the managers work Sundays so they'll all have a big surprise when they come in tomorrow. I need to get everything tuned up on my bike before I leave and lose the 40% discount that I so love. If anyone needs bike stuff, let me know now.
I am way excited, but sometimes I just stop and think : this is insane. :)

No comments: